Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default formatting of txt file

This can be done, usually relatively easily, with VBA (a macro). But I would
need a sample of the actual text file to work from.

I realize that personal information would be in the file, if you can accept
that I would treat it as sensitive and confidential information, then send me
a copy of a text file (or even 2 of them) to (remove spaces)
Help From @ JLathamSite .com
and I'll create the code needed to import the data into an Excel workbook.

Remind me of this discussion, either by link or by your name as posted here.

"Radhakant Panigrahi" wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me
The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file

However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form
I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate
column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have
tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting.

1.Emplyoee name
bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas
2.Date
12-12-09
3.Address Dettails
12/2 main street
City - bvauisdbc

Pin code- 1100154
4. Department
snbvsivnsvn
oihbvisudfnv
5. Monthly income
121646.00

structured format
Emplyoee name Date Address Dettails Department
Monthly income
bsdcbasdb hbvabfv 12-12-09 12/2 main street snbvsivnsvn
121646.00
City - bvauisdbc
oihbvisudfnv
Pin code- 1100154