Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Default formatting of txt file

Radhakant Panigrahi wrote on 5/10/2010 :
Hi,

Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me
The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file

However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form
I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate
column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have
tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting.

1.Emplyoee name
bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas
2.Date
12-12-09
3.Address Dettails
12/2 main street
City - bvauisdbc

Pin code- 1100154
4. Department
snbvsivnsvn
oihbvisudfnv
5. Monthly income
121646.00

structured format
Emplyoee name Date Address Dettails Department
Monthly income
bsdcbasdb hbvabfv 12-12-09 12/2 main street snbvsivnsvn
121646.00
City - bvauisdbc
oihbvisudfnv
Pin code- 1100154

How is the data put into the text file? Is it delimited? -If so you can
use the Import From File wizard and specify how to parse the data into
columns.

Since you've posted here, I assume you want to do this using VBA in
which case we need to know how the data is set up in the text file. Can
you post a sample of the first 2 lines of the file?

Garry