Paul B

QAguy, how about unlocking the cells you want to enter data in and then
protecting the sheet, select only unlocked cells, will that work? Other wise
I think you would need some VBA as Bernie said
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"QAguy" wrote in message
Bernie,

That did help some, and is along the lines of what I used to be able to
do.
And it cetainly did not involve 'events' or ScaryQuirkyLanguage (SQL).
But
your way the cells stayed selected, and each time I clicked in a cell I
had
to re-select the range AND 'enter' my way through ALL the records and
columns
to get back to where I was entering info. Maybe my memory is bad, but I
could have sworn there was a way to get the same results WITHOUT the white
on
black of selected cells.

Would it work if I 'named' the range?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

QA Guy,

You need to select all the cells first. And your movement after entry
need
to be set to move to the right.

Or, you could use a selection change event, but that is much more
complicated.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"QAguy" wrote in message
I knnow there is a way to "teach" my spreadsheet the range I am
entering

data
into. But I don't remember how. The actice cell is supposed to go from

the
last data entry column in the current row, to the first column in the
next
row. All I had to do was hit "Enter" and I was ready to enter the next
record. Does anybody remember how?