sagan

Default Conditional Formatting Cell < Today()

I always have issues with conditional formatting when I want to use a
formula and pointing at the value of the same cell.

Here is the problem:

Due Date is in A1

if(Due Date < today()) do formatting

I tried using
Cell Value is | less than | today() but when I enter that it just puts
" " around today as if it is text.

When I use Formula Is, I'm not sure how to reference back to the cell
in question.

This format needs to be copied down indefinitely in the due date
column. So I'm trying to write a formula where I can select the
column then go to conditional formatting and write the formula.

I know this SHOULD be easy but like I said the conditional formatting
interface is strange to me (compared to using worksheet formulas or
vba)

--
sagan
sagan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27438