Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Need formula to count blank cells

Try the below and format the formula cell to %
=COUNTIF(B1:M1,"X")/12

OR

=COUNTA(B1:M1)/12

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"George" wrote:

Need help to create a formula to show percentage of how many time
each person attended training each year - requirement is once a month.

Down column "A" are their names, columns "B1" thru "M1" are the 12 months.
If they show for their monthly class I place an X in the cell if not I leave
it blank. In Coulmn "N" for each person I am looking to enter a formula that
will basically count the blank cells - subtract that from 12 and then divide
that value by 12 which should give me the percentage of times that they
showed up for class that year.

If that makes sense !

Thanks - George