Blake

Okay, that I can do. Now, how may I write this formula so that the addition
will automatically happen all the way down the column? (ie. in column R, I
want the addition of P1+Q1 and P2+Q2 to be added all the way down column R).
Thanks!

"Michael" wrote:

Hi Blake
To add columns, you still need a cell reference, not just a column.
eg, In C1 put =A1+B1
to multiply =A1*B1
To Subtract =A1-B1
To Divide =A1/B1

Once these columns are done you can SUM/Divide, etc, the totals down the page

HTH
Michael

"Blake" wrote:

I am trying to learn how to add, substract, multiply, and divide columns in
an Excel spreadsheet. I know how to add the contents of a column down that
column but I cannot understand the instructions of how to add columns across
the spreadsheet. I want to be able to add columns to get a result
(P+Q=R...ie OBP+SLG=OPS) as well as multiply, divide and substract. Anyone
offering assistance will be greatly appreciated.