Bob Phillips

Put 20th Sep in one cell, 21st Sep in the next. Select both cells, move the
cursor to the bottom right until the cursor changes to a dark black cross,
and drag down.

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ben" wrote in message
Hello and thank you in advance for the help! I was using Excel tonight

and
with regard to two things thought that "there must be a better and easier

way
to do this."
One was entering dates into my worksheet. I am basically entering
consecutive dates into a column (20 September, 2005; 21 September 2005;

etc)
and it seemed to me that there must be another method for doing this than
manually typing each date.
Additionally, I would like to shade alternate lines of my worksheet to

make
it easier to read. Is there an efficient way to do this?
Thank you sincerely for the help.

Ben