Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
franco2808 franco2808 is offline

Default How run mp3 audio files in vba

Thanks very much Don Guillett for your help, but I need more help.
I tried this macro:

Sub pippo()
Dim fileaudio As String

fileaudio = "C:/audiomumbay/prova.mp3"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio

End Sub

and it does not work.

If I change the type of file:

Sub pippo()
Dim fileaudio As String

fileaudio = "C:/audiomumbay/prova.wav"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio

End Sub

of course with a wav file, it works well.
Maybe I have problems because I have Excel 2000?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the typed in PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"franco2808" wrote in message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files. Can you
do
the same for mp3 files?