Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How run mp3 audio files in vba

In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files. Can you do
the same for mp3 files?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks very much Don Guillett for your help, but I need more help.
I tried this macro:

Sub pippo()
Dim fileaudio As String

fileaudio = "C:/audiomumbay/prova.mp3"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio

End Sub

and it does not work.

If I change the type of file:

Sub pippo()
Dim fileaudio As String

fileaudio = "C:/audiomumbay/prova.wav"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio

End Sub

of course with a wav file, it works well.
Maybe I have problems because I have Excel 2000?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the typed in PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"franco2808" wrote in message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files. Can you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I just tested fine
fileaudio = "C:/audiomumbay/prova.mp3"

try change to

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply select the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wrote this sub:
Sub pippo()
Dim fileaudio As String

fileaudio = "C:\audiomumbay\prova1.mp3"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio
fileaudio = "C:\audiomumbay\prova2.mp3"
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=fileaudio

End Sub

and what I get is that just the first file is played or sometimes only the
second is played.
By the way: the Media player windows is shown and I have to close it
manually. Is it possible to avoid the visualization of that window.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply select the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you don't want to use my idea then

Sub playsongsinarray()
myarray = Array("C:\A_D\Townes Van Zandt- Racing In The Street.mp3",
"C:\A_D\Townes Van Zandt - When He Offers His Hand.mp3")
For Each song In myarray

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply select
the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one
after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken
rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Don Guillet,
I have worked on your idea but I have this problem.
Windows media player is run and the sound files are not correctlely
sequenced. Sometimes only the first is run, sometimes only the second.
I tried from media player to directly run a playlist and there are strange
behaviour (e.g. a file is played twice and another is not played). So I tried
VLC instead of Media player and the playlist work well. At this point I
changed method: instead of sequencieng audio file I composed in vba a play
list and run this playlist.
But, also if I set the defaultr application for m3u is VLC, Media player is
launched and so the file are not well sequenced. Do you know a way to specify
I want to run VLC and not media player?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply select
the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one
after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken
rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No idea. Change your windows default or google

--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply
select
the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one
after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"franco2808" wrote in
message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on
the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken
rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Don Guillet thanks very much for your help.
You have been so kind to help me and your suggestions has been very helpfull.
Ciao

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Assuming you have the FULL path and name typed into cells. Simply
select
the
cells desired and fire it.

Sub playselectedfiles()
For Each song In Selection
'MsgBox song
'ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=song
Next song

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in message
May I take advantage of your kindness?
I have to link more audio files and so I want they to be played one
after
another.
How can I wait for the end of an audio file playing?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
Wonderful. You are great.
Now it works well.
Thank you very much, Don Guillett.

I just tested fine

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Put this in a double_cllick macro where you doubleclick on
the
typed
in
PATH
and name of the file
C:\A_D\TownesVanZandt\Townes Van Zandt - Drunken
rahayes.mp3

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=FullFileName

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"franco2808" wrote in
message
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio
files.
Can
you
do
the same for mp3 files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, August 31, 2009 8:33:02 PM UTC+8, franco2808 wrote:
In office, eg excel, you can write a macro to run wav audio files. Can you do
the same for mp3 files?

Thank you, I learn a lot from you too.