Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default prvent viewing a workbook

Simon,

xlveryhidden, so that if the workbook is opened with macro's dissabled
they still cannot view the worksheets

Even with macros disabled there is nothing to stop a user opening VB editor
and changing the sheet to XlVisible in the properties window.

The reality is that a password to open isn't bad but can easily be broken
with something like passware but once the workbook is open anyone with
sufficient determination and Google can do whatever they want and you can't
stop them.

Excel protection is designed to protect against inadvertant
deletions/changes and we kid ourselves and mislead the inexperienced if we
pretend otherwise.

Mike

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

tofimoon4;430307 Wrote:
Dear sir,with best regards,asking you kindly to help me by a code to
prevent anyone opening my workbook after one week from starting date ,in
another words ( anyone cannot open the workbook after one week without
entering my password).
Thanks in advance.You would need to add a worksheet and make all other sheets

xlveryhidden, so that if the workbook is opened with macro's dissabled
they still cannot view the worksheets, then if macro's are enabled you
need to pop up a userform on workbook_open with a textbox and command
button. Is this what you envisaged?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,