Kim

Default IF Function

I'm not sure if I am using the correct function? I have several spreadsheets
in the same workbook. Within each worksheet are columns for date 'MMM-YY'
and value '£'. Not every worksheet has the same dates so therefore the row
posions vary so I need to select teh specific name of a date rather than just
a cell position. I am trying to sum, on a seperate worksheet' all the values
for say 'Jan-06' or 'Aug-05'. So I need excel to check each worksheet date
column and if the specified date is present sum/collect the relating value
from the 'value £' column. Hence I know the total amount for Aug'05 from all
the spreadsheets.

I've tried to use the SUMIF function but this doesn't seem to be working
correctly - although maybe I'm using it correctly?

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you!!!!