Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default HELP- Need TSV extension for Excel

Look for "text (tab delimited)(*.txt)" in the "save as type" dropdown.

You'll have to change the extension from .txt to .tsv if that's what you need.

Kiki418 wrote:

I have a new program that requires I create, save, and open files saved in a
TSV file - which I am understanding is a "tab separated" file? Since they
are talking about the file being set up like an Excel file, when it comes to
saving it in my Excel 2003 program, it is not listed as an opiton. Can
anyone help me?

--

Dave Peterson