JulieD

Hi Kane

are you saying that in say cell A1 you have a drop down list created via
data validation ... you're clicked on this cell and chosen format / cells /
protection - and unchecked locked
and then when you choose tools / protection / protect sheet you can't make a
selection from the drop down list in A1?

if so, this is definitely not the standard behaviour of excel, so:
what version / service packs etc (help / about microsoft excel)?
if you test the same scenario in a new workbook what happens?
is there anything odd or unusual about the list (is it create using a range
name, or have you typed the entries into the source line in the data /
validation dialog box - not that it should make a difference)?

Cheers
JulieD

"Kane" wrote in message
I have a unlocked cell, with Data Validation, List. With sheet protection
activated I cannot "add" to the cell contents supplied from the List
function. If sheet protection is off, this is possable. Is there a way to
have this feature with sheet protection turned on (activated)?