Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.excel.programming
A possible solution A possible solution is offline

Default Reading Excel XML spreadsheet via VBScript using MSXML.DOMDocument

Sorry I can't provide you any more direct and immediate solution, but I
though you might find this book helpful:

http://books.google.com/books?id=gMjVl2r6XzEC

Best wishes,
Rolf

"James Whitlow" wrote:

I am looking for some resource, samples or guidance in reading data from
Excel spreadsheets saved in XML format using VBScript, but using the
'MSXML.DOMDocument' object instead of the 'Excel.Application' object.

My goal is to do my updating to the table in a nicely formatted Excel
document instead of a unformatted CSV file, but have the script still work
on computers that do not have Excel installed.

I have quite limited experience with working with XML documents, so if
someone has some simple examples they can post or link to that I could
analyze and learn from, it would be greatly appreciated.