Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art[_4_] Art[_4_] is offline

Default How do I add iserr or iserror to this

On 5/29/09 8:57 AM, Neall wrote:

I guess I should explain, I have a set of cells that show full price M29 -
M36 then I have another set of cells that show price either A) as full price
(pulling from M29 - M36) or the discounted price Q29 - Q36.

So basically if there is no discount the full price of the parts get shown
in Q29 - Q36 if there are discounts to be had then Q29-36 show the discounted
amount for each part

So in Q29 - Q36 I have this

=IF(M36-(M36*Disc),M36-(M36*Disc),M36)

Which is saying if there is no discount then take the numbers from M and
display them in Q, if there is a discounted noted show the discounted price
and not the values in M

This works now I just need to get ride of the #Value! in those cells when
there is no part to price against, because its effecting the sum

Thanks in advance

Neall,
The first argument (logical_test) in an IF statement needs to evaluate
to a boolean result. In your formula above, the evaluation of
"M36-(M36*Disc)" is likely numeric which will lead to unpredictable
results.

You might try something even simpler like this:

=IF(ISNUMBER(M36),M36-(M36*Disc),"")

Art