Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kashyap Kashyap is offline

Default Read only access for hidden sheet

Hi Jacob, its good to hear from you again..

Actually I need all the sheets to be read only.. once they click on the
hyper link to open a particular sheet, it should ask for password and if
password is not entered, then it should open as read only..

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Unprotect Password:="password"
Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells.Select
Selection.Locked = True
Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect Contents:=True

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Kashyap" wrote:

Hi, I have a workbook with several sheets for different users (shared) with
different passwords for each sheet

I have all these sheets hidden and hyperlink to each sheet on a opening sheet.

I need to give users, read only access to other's sheet (which will open on
demand with the help of hyperlink again)

any help pls

Thanks..