Dave Peterson

When you used
=ISNUMBER(E2)
Did you get True or False back?

If you got True, then I don't have a suggestion.

But if you got False back, try entering the date one more time in E2.

Maybe spell it out to enter it: November 24, 1993
and reformat the cell to mm/dd/yy.

azik wrote:

Hi,
I did exactly as you said , but i still get error "#VALUE" and after I spent
another 2 hours just to find out the error , no result. Don't want to be
sticky but if you got any other solution for these , could you let me know ,
please.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

azik

You would get the error if E2 did not contain a valid date.

In a cell enter =ISNUMBER(E2)

If not a date it will return FALSE.

Re-enter the date in E2 in the proper order for your Regional Settings.

My settings would require me to enter it as dd/mm/yy

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:29:02 -0800, "azik"
wrote:

I got exercise asking to enter formula to compute "the years of service"
using "=(Today()-E2)/365" formula in cell "D2" in table where :
cell E2 is Hire Date 11/24/93 and cell D2 is empty.
Everytime i enter formula it keeps giving error result #VALUE.
I'd be glad if somebody could help me to solve this problem by guiding me
through?
Thank you for your help in advance.

--

Dave Peterson