Ken Wright

So what you are saying is that you haven't tried selecting the rows in
question, then right-clicking between the row headers and the rows, dragging
to where it needs to go to, then letting go and choosing the 'Move here'
option, at which point Excel will (and I quote)

default to slipping in INBETWEEEEEN the others :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Phil H" wrote in message
You know, back before excell, when it was multiplan on the original Mac's,
you could easily move rows and columns, inserting them INBETWEEEEEN other
rows and colums. Twenty years later you still havn't corrected the
idiotic
proceedure required to move rows and columns in Excel. When you drag or
paste a row or column it should default to slipping in INBETWEEEEEN the
others. You could even have a cute little bar appear to indicate the
difference between inserting INBETWEEEEEEN things and overwriting them
(like
Multiplan had). I have looked and looked for years and can't find a
better
work around in Excell than to create a blank row to be over written by the
one I want to move there and then cutting and pasting the row I'm moving
and
then going back and erasing the blank row Excell creates in it's place.
That's perfectly rediculous.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.