Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Michael is offline

Default Sorting

You name an area from the insert menu something like this:

Insert - Name- Define
On the top box you key in the name you want to use and in the bottom you
select the range that will refer to this name.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"caseysmydog" wrote:

On my spreadsheet I have 3 rows of headings that are not named...I just typed
across the cells until I had what I needed.
The 4th, and subsequent, rows start with a name in cell A4 which has been
widen to accommodate the entire name. A5 would have a name and so on.
Question: How do I sort by name, A4 etc., without getting the headers
involved?
Do I name the A column and refer sort to that and if so, how do you name
that area?
Thanks
--
David