Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Show text in the Funtion Bar

Another way? - not that I know of.
However, you can add a comment to each cell, but that seems like overkill...
'--
Sub GiveHint()
Dim rCell As Range
For Each rCell In Selection.Cells
On Error Resume Next
rCell.Comment.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
If Len(rCell.Formula) 0 Then
rCell.AddComment rCell.Text
End If
Next
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Tracy"
wrote in message
Is there another way so I don't have to move the cursor up to the function bar?
Trying to keep it simple. Thank you so much Jim.
--
Tracy

"Jim Cone" wrote:
If you highlight the formula in the Formula bar and then press the F9 key,
the cell value will be displayed. Press the Escape key to exit.
Do not press enter.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Tracy"
wrote in message
I have a column width which need to remain small.
The column contains an =function from another worksheet.
I need the cell to show the text information in the function bar at the top
of the sheet when highlighted, not the formula.
Or I need to insert a comment that allows me to insert a formula inside that
comment.
--
Tracy