Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show text in the Funtion Bar

I have a column width which need to remain small.
The column contains an =function from another worksheet.
I need the cell to show the text information in the function bar at the top
of the sheet when highlighted, not the formula.

Or I need to insert a comment that allows me to insert a formula inside that
comment.

--
Tracy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you highlight the formula in the Formula bar and then press the F9 key,
the cell value will be displayed. Press the Escape key to exit.
Do not press enter.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Tracy"
wrote in message
I have a column width which need to remain small.
The column contains an =function from another worksheet.
I need the cell to show the text information in the function bar at the top
of the sheet when highlighted, not the formula.
Or I need to insert a comment that allows me to insert a formula inside that
comment.
--
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As its name implies, it is the *formula* bar, and will only show
formulas, not the results of formulas. What you want to do cannot be
done.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:39:03 -0800, Tracy
wrote:

I have a column width which need to remain small.
The column contains an =function from another worksheet.
I need the cell to show the text information in the function bar at the top
of the sheet when highlighted, not the formula.

Or I need to insert a comment that allows me to insert a formula inside that
comment.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another way? - not that I know of.
However, you can add a comment to each cell, but that seems like overkill...
'--
Sub GiveHint()
Dim rCell As Range
For Each rCell In Selection.Cells