Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default some more explanation

Give this macro a try (it shows you the formula for the active cell with
references replaced by values in a MessageBox provided the cell has a
formula that is not part of an array formula)...

Sub ShowCellValuesInFormula()
Dim R As Range
Dim Frml As String
With ActiveCell
If .HasFormula And Not .HasArray Then
Frml = Replace(.Formula, "$", "")
For Each R In .Precedents
Frml = Replace(Frml, R.Address(0, 0), Range(R.Address).Value)
Next
End If
End With
MsgBox Frml

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"IgorM" wrote in message
It is not what i ment. I don't want to change it to string. I just want to
replace raferences with the values stored in the referenced cell and I
want to keep any math signs as well (+, -, /, etc.). So I want to write a
macro that will do the same thing as entering a cell and changing each
reference to a value like when using F9 but keeping math signs like +, -,
/ , etc. at the same time.
"Mike" wrote in message
=A1&" " &A2&" " &A3

"IgorM" wrote:

lets assume the following:
cell A1 value 5,5
cell A2 value 4,0
cell A3 value 5,4

in, say, cell B1 there is a formula "=A1+A2+A3". When the user (by
pressing
a shortcut or some button) runs a macro, that macro will produce in cell
B1
the following formula "=5,5+4,0+5,4", so in other words it will change
the
referneces in the selected cell (if of course there are any) to values
stored in the referenced cell. I don't want to sum them all in a way
Mike H.
proposes. I want to let the user see all values not having to search for
it
in a spreadsheet.