Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DWM dr.wireMORE[_2_] DWM dr.wireMORE[_2_] is offline

Default Single hotkey to do a date time stamp into a cell... and then

Maybe not using the proposed solution, but imagine this:
If I could "find" the code that is Ctrl+; ctrl+shift+; ....then couldn't I
combine them with my initials? Those hotkeys leave the cell open. All I
need to do is find out what that code is, and then combine the two features
plus my initials; if that is at all possible
problems: getting access to the current insert time/date feature hotkey
problems: adding to it, and having it work as above.
If microsoft can do it with a hotkey, the code exists, I just need to
combine their two hotkeys and add my text initials... should be easy enough
(theoretically)

Since the embedded hotkey leaves the cell in edit mode.... what method could
be used for me to do the same :-)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You cannot run code while in edit mode to "allow you to continue typing"

The macro has to be run first then F2 to edit and type what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP