Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DWM dr.wireMORE[_2_] DWM dr.wireMORE[_2_] is offline

Default Single hotkey to do a date time stamp into a cell... and then

Thank you both, that solves 1/2 of the question/problem and you did it fast.
I've assigned a macro as you suggested (as I expected) and while it does
insert the date/time (thank you) and my initials now (thank you again) it
closes the cell. It did not provide the solution intended. <date <time
<initials <and allow me to continue typing

Done: I've defined ctrl+q to this macro, but it closes the cell.
Want: I want ctrl+q to behave as if I've typed Ctrl+; ctrl+shift+; <space
dmw ...and allow me to keep typing. You have the first part.... now the ...
dmw
Support: entering the existing keyboard hotkeys Ctrl+; ctrl+shift+; keeps
you in the cell to continue typing. The above macro created somehow
generates a "return" that closes the cell. I don't want the cell closed....
must be an option somewhere, as we are "dis" close. (And thank you again, so
far, so good)
dmw

" wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:35 pm, Gary''s Student
wrote:
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200805

Sub dergf()
ActiveCell.Value = Now & " Your Initials Here"
End Sub
and assign a shortcut key like CNTRL-e to it.