Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
G. Yamada[_2_] G. Yamada[_2_] is offline

Default Clearing contents from a range

Hello,

Thank you for you reply. This almost does the trick for me. I need to have
all the columns in the row (to be cleared) at least up to column Q to be
cleared. So far, the program you provided only clears columns D and E. If
you could revise the program to reflect this change, I would sincerly
appreciate it. Thank you so much for providing this. I have put many hours
into it already and should have turned to the forum much earlier.

P.S. Is there a fast and efficient way to learn VBA for Excel?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Try this...

Sub ClearStuff()
Dim rngAll As Range
Dim rngArea As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set rngAll = Range("D:D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
If Not rngAll Is Nothing Then
For Each rngArea In rngAll.Areas
If rngArea.Cells.Count 1 Then
Range(rngArea.Cells(1), _
rngArea.Cells(rngArea.Count - 1).Offset(0, 1)).ClearContents
End If
Next rngArea
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"G. Yamada" wrote:

Hello,

I am completely new to Excel VBA and I have a task that can only be done
using it. I need to format a group of orders to upload them. Essentially I
start with:

78693624286 1 9.71 2793888 ....
02761688770 1 2.99 2793888

02454352960 1 8.45 2792280
02454352959 1 8.45 2792280

78693675842 1 8.65 2791190
02454305295 1 21.86 2791190
78693614475 1 7.25 2791190
04339614171 1 9.77 2791190

08536513892 1 3.99 2791055
..

What I want to end up with is:

78678693286 1 9.71
02761688770 1 2.99 2793888

02454352960 1 8.45
02454352959 1 8.45 2792280

78693675842 1 8.65
02454305295 1 21.86
78693614475 1 7.25
04339614171 1 9.77 2791190

08536513892 1 3.99 2791055

The orders are separated by an empty row (which is already done for me)
according to the order numbers in the D column (numbers starting with
279...). Each order may have 1 or more items designated by the item number
in the first column. As you can see, the first three orders (groups) have
more than one item in the order. These are what have been causing an issue
for me. I need to clear the information from the D column onwards (including
D) on the item lines (rows) which are part of the same order EXCEPT for the
last line in the order as shown above. I would sincerely appreciate any
help.