Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mel[_4_] Mel[_4_] is offline

Default Macro to show which cells have validation

One line should do the trick. Try this...

Sub ColorValidationCells()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation).Interi or.ColorIndex =
39
End Sub

BTW, you actually don't need code to do this. It's in the native
commands of Excel.

Edit Go To Special Data Validation OK. That selects the cells,
then just paint em any color.

-Melina

On Sep 8, 9:29*pm, Lostguy wrote:
Hello!

Anyone know a code to go through the active sheet, look for any cells
that have validation, and shade them purple? I am modifying an older
workbook, and there are stray cells with no data or formula, just
validation, so I am trying to track them down.

I guess a "For each ws in Workbook" code would be easier.

Thanks for any help!

VR/

Lost