Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to show which cells have validation

You should be able to do it with this single line of code (just change my
example worksheet reference of Sheet3 to your own worksheet's name)...

Worksheets("Sheet3").UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCell TypeAllValidation). _
SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Interior.ColorIndex = 18

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Lostguy" wrote in message
Hello!

Anyone know a code to go through the active sheet, look for any cells
that have validation, and shade them purple? I am modifying an older
workbook, and there are stray cells with no data or formula, just
validation, so I am trying to track them down.

I guess a "For each ws in Workbook" code would be easier.

Thanks for any help!

VR/

Lost