Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KWarner KWarner is offline

Default IRibbonUI error

I believe the way it works is this:
When you first load a workbook, you cache your IRibbonUI which is an
interface.
Then, to do things like getItemCount, getContent and getEnabled, you have to
use that interfaces methods (Invalidate and InvalidateControl) to call those
methods (getItemCount etc.).

"SteveDB1" wrote:

This sounds like something I've never had to deal with.
When you say cached, are you saying that when you load Excel, the ribbon
doesn't appear all the time, and you have to reload it manually?

"KWarner" wrote:

Thanks for your response Ron. I guess I'll stop wasting time trying to find a
solution. It's more of an annoyance than a problem anyway.
By the way, your website has been invaluable to me in figuring out how to
make the ribbon work the way I want it. Thanks.

Kevin

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Kevin

That's the same as I always do.
No big problem so I never looked if I can avoid it

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"KWarner" wrote in message ...
During debugging, when I get a run-time error and choose end instead of
debug, my cached IRibbonUI gets reset. Then, when i try to InvalidateControl
I get an Object variable not set error. The only way I have figured out to
reset the IRibbonUI is to close the workbook and then re-open it. Am I
missing something, or is this the only option?
Thanks for any help.
Kevin