Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KWarner KWarner is offline

Default IRibbonUI error

The ribbon itself still works. The problem is that the IRibbonUI gets
un-cached when i get a run-time error. Then, I can't do things like disable a
button, because that gets called when I InvalidateControl. Invalidate /
InvalidateControl are methods of the cached IRibbonUI . I guess what I'm
asking is, is there a way to re-cache the IRibbonUI after the workbook has
already initialized?
I couldn't find anything on the pages you referenced that address this
issue. Unless I'm not looking in the right places.

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Kevin,
please read some of Ron DeBruin's read up on this.
He's done quite a bit.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
look for Excel Ribbon and QAT pages.
Also, the folks over at WROX has posted chapter 14 on the OA-LTD pages.
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel2007ProgRef/Default.htm
When I was making my ribbon I found that the xml portion of the XLAM page
was mis-coded and kept throwing errors.
If those don't help post back, and perhaps Ron will respond.
Best.

"KWarner" wrote:

During debugging, when I get a run-time error and choose end instead of
debug, my cached IRibbonUI gets reset. Then, when i try to InvalidateControl
I get an Object variable not set error. The only way I have figured out to
reset the IRibbonUI is to close the workbook and then re-open it. Am I
missing something, or is this the only option?
Thanks for any help.
Kevin