Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Advice Sought

I think that can be quite easy with a plain VB6 ActiveX dll. It will all
depend on what
kind of code you want to move over. I make extensive use of these dll's and
I think it
works very well.

RBS

"JAC" wrote in message
Extending Excel 2003 with VBA, I should like to separate most of the
code from the workbook (~90%+) and put it into a DLL (rather than an
Excel add-in .xla), which will act as a black box. I think this is
called a COM Add-in.

I do not necessarily require worksheet functions from the DLL, but
rather to place VBA code modules and classes there and call the code
from what is really a simple library.

This is a rather naive view.

Has anyone experience of this? Do I really require the
IDTExtensibility2 interface?

Any general advice would be most welcome.

Thank you in anticipation.