Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean Schmaus Dean Schmaus is offline

Default Excel formula

I guess I'm looking for some assistance writing the formula. I know I'll
have to say that IF C5="1st", then add 6,OR IF C5=2nd, then add 4, etc. I
just don't know how to put it all together accurately.

"Simon" wrote:

On Aug 6, 3:04 pm, Dean Schmaus
wrote:
I think I'll have to put an IF statement in there somewhere. For example, if
the person gets 1st place, they get 6 points, 2nd place is 4 points, etc.
This strategy is the same for every cell in the row.

"Simon" wrote:
On Aug 6, 2:42 pm, Dean Schmaus
wrote:
I'm trying to create an auto-count feature for a points system. 1st = 6
points, 2nd = 4 points, 3rd = 3, 4th=2, 5th=1. The points will all be in a
single row that could span 40 columns. Some cell may have points, some may
not. Any idea of a formula that I could put in the total field that would
calculate every result?

SUM function works, or do you want Coutn as stated.
CountA? .Column.Count?- Hide quoted text -

Thats correct, depends if you want to show that.