Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel 2007/Excel 2003 compatibility

I haven't used Office 97 in so-o-o long. Just out of interest, how much need
is there for Office 97 compatibility in your situation?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
The OS probably doesn't matter.

Right

It seems that Office files can find the right version of their own
libraries.

Not Office 97.

I'm less certain about other libraries (i.e., can Excel find the
right Word library). I know that Excel cannot find the correct library
for
SOLVER going backwards.

In my case, I got lucky because all objects. methods, etc.used are the
same
in both versions.
THis is not always the case, not to mention that semantics might change.

Due to the peformance improvement, i'm gonna have to have a version
compiled
for Office 97.