Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default Excel 2007/Excel 2003 compatibility

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
The OS probably doesn't matter.

Right

It seems that Office files can find the right version of their own
libraries.

Not Office 97.

I'm less certain about other libraries (i.e., can Excel find the
right Word library). I know that Excel cannot find the correct library for
SOLVER going backwards.

In my case, I got lucky because all objects. methods, etc.used are the same
in both versions.
THis is not always the case, not to mention that semantics might change.

Due to the peformance improvement, i'm gonna have to have a version compiled
for Office 97.