Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Halt / Stop processing when a user selects Cancel

I would use a function to mail one address at a time, then after each call
you can intercept the main calling program. I would not use 'Cancel' to
pause the process, 'Pause/Continue' would be better, that requires some
extra logic to store the current progress and resume at the last completed
mailing.

Hope this helps

Nigel

"scott56hannah" wrote in message

I have a routine that sends a group of emails based on a user action.

The user is presented with a Form that reports on the progress of sending
those emails...

I want to be able to give the user the option to Halt / Stop the sending
of
those emails at anytime.

I have already tried a number of methods to get this working, but although
am able to stop the actual processing the send mail routine in the back
ground continues to process.

The problem I think is that when the "Cancel" button is clicked it takes
control from the background process that has been called to send the
mail....

Is there anyway I am able to stope background processing in Excel when
this
cancel button is called.....and in addition to continue that processing in
the same place if the user elects to continue

I don't know if this is too confusing for anyone to help...but it would be
appreciated

Scott