Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 VBA versus excel 2003

Hi Mark,

From the standpoint of VBA, you should have
very little difficulty making the transition as any
changes are relatively minor:

- the previously problematic FileSearch has
been dropped

- dealing with shapes requires care(see Ron
de Bruin at:

Shapes and VBA code in Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm

- Toolbar customisation changes with the advent
of the Ribbon - see Ron de Bruin at:

Change the ribbon in Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

- Graphics handling is reportedly very slow -
perform a Google search for: graphics 2007

Any transition to Excel 2007 does, however,
does involve a learning curve for Excel's GUI.

Personally, I have experienced little difficulty in
making the change, but that is not a universal
experience.

---
Regards.
Norman
"Mark Stephens" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am returning to programming after a few years I was pretty proficient in
excel 2003 and when I finished I was aware that 2003 code often didn't run
in 2007 for some trivial reasons (rounded corners didn't work I recall).
Can anyone give me an opinion on the ease with which someone who knows
2003 can transfer to 2007 is it a walk in the park or a real pain or
somewehre in between?

Kind regards, Mark