Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hans Hubers Hans Hubers is offline

Default How to distribute your macro?

Thanks for your remarks Alan. Didn't think of updating yet... Will try with
an AtiveX button. If something has to be changed in the code, I'll turn to
your method.

"Alan" wrote:

Personally, I like to put my macros in a workbook, using an Auto_Open event
to install a toolbar referencing the workbook macros. The end user can store
the workbook anywhere they want. They open the workbook, install the toolbar,
and access my macros via the toolbar. If I enhance the macro, I send the new
workbook to the user, they replace their copy with the new workbook, and the
toolbar continues to function. If I add a macro during the enhancement, I ask
them to re-open the workbook and install the toobar, which replaces the old
one, and give them access to the new macro.

In one case, I have a workbook, sitting on a intranet server, that 30+
people access at least once a week. Easier than installing add-ins for 25+ of
them, since there is only 5 in the group that know that Excel is more than a
spreadsheet viewer.

Alan

"Hans Hubers" wrote:

What is the best way to send a macro to colleagues that don't know how to
program in VBA? Until now I only made macro's for myself and just put them in
a custom menu, but that doesn't work for colleagues of course...