Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Eric is offline

Default Any sample to connect a remoted database through Excel?

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
Do you mean that I cannot connect ODBC through http?
As I remember that IP address, web site, username, password are given in
order to make any connection.
Could you please give me more describtion?
Thank you very much for your suggestion
Eric

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Not sure either ODBC or OLE work over http (since you mention a URL...)

Also - more details: what type of database, where hosted, VPN , etc ?

Tim

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any sample to connect a remoted database through Excel?
I need to make a connection with a database in China, and I locate in HK.
Could anyone give me any suggestions on what I need to retrieve any data
from
a database?
What I can think of is
URL, username, password, ...