Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
samcham samcham is offline

Default Subtotal Group Titles

Pivot Tables...arrgh! I've never managed to get the hang of them. Whenever
I try to do Pivot Tables, they end up being absolute garbage.

Well, my wife is a Pivot Table person, so maybe it's time I get her to teach
me how to do this....

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You are better off with a pivot table to do what you want than subtotals.
Remove your existing subtotals and try Data - Pivot Table & Pivot Chart -
follow the wizard. At the end you can add an auto format to make thinks look
the way you want...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"samcham" wrote:

When using the subtotal function off the Data menu, I would like to add a
title at the top of each section break, as well as on the subtotal line. For
example:

Account Expense Category Amount

EXPENSE CATEGORY: 120 CONTRACT LABOR

01.6000.2000 120 9,896
____________
TOTALS FOR EXPENSE CATEGORY: 120 9,896

EXPENSE CATEGORY: 130 SUPPLIES

01.6000.2510 130 1,376
01.6000.2520 130 6,537
01.6000.2540 130 442
TOTALS FOR EXPENSE CATEGORY: 130 8,355

I have too many of them to add manually. Is there a way to do this quickly
and easily?

Thanks!