Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Deployment of XL programs in 2003 vs 2007

In Office 2003, I typically created self-installing toolbars in hidden
workbooks which I then emailed to users. When users opened the program file,
the toolbar would be built, but the file would run hidden. At any future time
that the user needed those programs, they would just click any of the toolbar
buttons and the file would open quietly, run hidden, and the programs were
immediately available. It all worked very nicely and they didn't need to go
searching for programs. They could also turn the toolbars on/off if desired
without de-installing.

I'm still learning about the ribbon and I've done some customizations of it.
But, I'm still trying to figure out how I can duplicate this same sort of
deployment in 2007 (or improved deployment). I guess I could still hide the
file containing the custom ribbon and the users would just have to find and
open the program file to get to the custom tools?

Can someone please give me some ideas on how to approach this? I do not have
VSTO or any other development tools. I only have Windows XP, Office 2007 and
the apps that come with it. Ideas? Where should I start looking?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance.