Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default copy and sort data then past in specific area on new sheet

Take a look at using a pivot table to create the category table views, this
in itself might meet your needs?

One observation -how do you know the category tables will be 15 rows long?
It appears that your data definition allows for many more.

Nigel

"Burton" wrote in message
I am a newby to excel

I have a work book with three pages: spending tracker, category, and
spend_catogory

there are ten items listed on the category page with range ( A5:A14) this
is
just a list to populate a drop down list on the spending trackersheet

the spending tracker has 5 col as follows:

A4 B4 C4 D4
E4
date payee/transactions category amount spent ballance

this sheet is used to track spending in one long list

I want to copy this data to stationary tables on the spend-cat sheet.
These
tables are category For example all grocery payments would go to the
grocery
table.

The table would look like this

C6 D6 E6 F6
Date Payee/Transaction Amount Spent Ballance

it will be fifteen rows long

There is a second table on the side of teh first for another category.
This
table is placed four colums to the side of the first. to the bottom of
these
tables are another row of two tables (each a different category,) This
format continues until there is a matrix of five tables long by two wide.

Can anyone help me with the code to get the long list of data to sort the
rows into the ten tables based upon the entery's category.

Pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance