Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Chavez John Chavez is offline

Default Formula Help

Hi Folks,

I use a spreadsheet to calculate cost of a project which includes commission
rate and profit.
The commission is a percentage of the sell price (COST+TAX+MARK-UP). But the
sell price
includes a mark-up of the commission. See Attached

(COST+TAX+MARK-UP+COMMISION+MARK-UP=SELL PRICE).

1. I have a problem with a circular reference. I¹ve changed the ³Limitation²
to 1 but the
excel XLS file does not always remember this preference so I have to re-set
it. This spread
sheet is used by about 15 people who may not have the patience and
understanding to
fix this problem. I need the spread sheet to be stable and reliable.

2.The total sell price changes every time I click SAVE even though the cells
have not
been altered. Also, If I had a sell price then I zeroed out all the costs,
there is still figures
in the totals cell even though there are no figures cells. There should be
0.00.

Also, if I keep pressing SAVE the figures change each time for about 5-7
clicks then
it stays the same or finalizes itself.

There¹s a ghost in the machine.

John Chavez