Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Auto Filter Macro

Hi Tom

If the values are Text, then 95* will filter for 95, 950, 951, 9500 etc.
i.e. all text values beginning with 95

If the value is numeric, then you need to use =95 ^ <=nnn
where nnn is the maximum number.

When dealing with numerical data, you cannot say the number begins with 95

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 8:00 pm, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
Hi Tom

Take a look at the code in the FastFilter utility that I wrote, which is
available athttp://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip
orhttp://excelusergroup.org/files/folders/allversionwb/entry1194.aspx

Maybe that will help you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

Roger,
This works great, just one minor issue. The wildcard feature will not
work on 95* numbers. I checked the format and is correct, can't figure
this one out.