Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Auto Filter Macro

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 1, 7:40 pm, Tom wrote:
Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

See if this is near what you want:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2907c960eb865f

HTH

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom

Take a look at the code in the FastFilter utility that I wrote, which is
available at
http://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip
or
http://excelusergroup.org/files/fold...entry1194.aspx

Maybe that will help you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message
Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 1, 8:00*pm, "Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk
wrote:
Hi Tom

Take a look at the code in the FastFilter utility that I wrote, which is
available athttp://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip
orhttp://excelusergroup.org/files/folders/allversionwb/entry1194.aspx

Maybe that will help you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

That's a great utility! I now plan on using that same idea .. except
without the autofilter (I'd just hide rows) ... saweeet!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

Roger,
This works great, just one minor issue. The wildcard feature will not
work on 95* numbers. I checked the format and is correct, can't figure
this one out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom

If the values are Text, then 95* will filter for 95, 950, 951, 9500 etc.
i.e. all text values beginning with 95

If the value is numeric, then you need to use =95 ^ <=nnn
where nnn is the maximum number.

When dealing with numerical data, you cannot say the number begins with 95

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

Roger,
This works great, just one minor issue. The wildcard feature will not
work on 95* numbers. I checked the format and is correct, can't figure
this one out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I don't understand why you would not wish to use the power of Autofilter,
which is so fast (and easy).
If you don't want the Autofilter dropdowns to show, you could just hide
them.

dim colnum as Integer, c as range
Column = 10 ' change to suit

For Each c In Range(Cells(testrow, 1), Cells(testrow1, colnum))
c.AutoFilter Field:=c.Column, _
Visibledropdown:=False

Next

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

That's a great utility! I now plan on using that same idea .. except
without the autofilter (I'd just hide rows) ... saweeet!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom" wrote in message

Would like to create code which will allow someone to type in a
specific number then would sort the spreedsheet to show just rows
that
have that specific number. I know you can do this with just using the
autofilter drop down, but I want to make it more user friendly buy
just having them type it in a cell then click a button.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom- Hide quoted text -

That's a great utility! I now plan on using that same idea .. except
without the autofilter (I'd just hide rows) ... saweeet!

That's a good point, Roger - I didn't think of that :) I'll take a
look at what that looks like, now :)
Chris