Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] charles.jordan@btopenworld.com is offline

Default How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?

On 22 Mar, 18:32, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
If your system has the resources for it, you might find this an interesting
alternative to partitioning your drives...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...c/default.mspx

I have it set up on my 64-bit Vista laptop (don't ask<g) and what it does
is let me run Windows XP inside a window on my Vista computer. That means I
can switch between Windows Vista programs and Windows XP programs as easily
a I can switch between any two running applications. It really is quite
neat! And best of all, the program is free (of course, you need a legitimate
copy of Windows XP to install into it, but I assume from your question that
you already have it).

Rick

wrote in message

For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.

Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
(ie Version 7) ) *? *If ncessary, partition it and install Windows XP
first ? Will this degrade system performance ?

The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly to me..

Thanks all _

Charles- Hide quoted text -

Rick - this looks aboslutely brilliant ! The neatest solution
imaginable, anot very well publicised yet ?

MANY thanks - Charles