Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?

wrote in message
For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.

Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
(ie Version 7) ) ? If ncessary, partition it and install Windows XP
first ? Will this degrade system performance ?

The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly to me..

First, you need to set up your computer so you can boot to either Vista or,
an earlier OS, such as Windows XP.

Usually, you should install the older OS first.
Each OS must be in a separate partition.

Having multiple OS does not affect performance.
When you are booted to one OS, the other OS is not running.

If Excel 95 can run in Windows XP, then just boot to XP and install Office
95.
Has no effect on what goes on when you are booted into Vista.