Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cristina[_2_] Cristina[_2_] is offline

Default Custom AutoFilter to Compare Due Dates to Current Date

Column D of my spreadsheet contains due dates. I need a macro that will
activate the Custom AutoFilter and compare the due dates to the current date.
The macro should then display only those entries where the due date is less
than or equal to the current date.

I tried using
=TODAY()
in the Custom AutoFilter dialog box. However, the system does not retrieve
any "hits."

In searching this forum, I came across the following code:

& CLng(Date)

and used it in my macro as follows:

Sub ApplyDateStatusFilter()
' Filters by Due Date (displays any entry that matches current date or any
date prior to current date)
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="<=" & CLng(Date), Operator:=xlAnd
End Sub

The macro works -- but I don't understand what the

& CLng(Date)

does in the macro. Can someone help? Is there a better/different way to
achieve the desired result?

Thank you!!

Cristina