Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
carlo carlo is offline

Default Delete Rows based on cell value

that's weird.

what exactly do you look for?
is it really "ABC" or something else?
Right now i check if the lowercase of this cell is not equal "abc" so
if you have a space or something in it, it would delete it as well.

Carlo

On Jan 17, 10:43*am, wrote:
On Jan 16, 5:26 pm, carlo wrote:

You could do following:

Sub DelRows()

Dim SH As Worksheet

Set SH = Worksheets("sheet1")

For i = SH.Cells(65536, 5).End(xlUp).Row To 6 Step -1
* * If LCase(SH.Cells(i, 5).Value) < "abc" Then
* * * * SH.Rows(i).Delete
* * End If
Next i

End Sub

hth
Carlo

On Jan 17, 10:19 am, wrote:

Hi. *I'm trying to create a macro that will delete rows where the
value in column E does not equal "ABC". *I always have a different
number of rows of data so I can't use a fixed range. *Also, rows 1-5
are my header rows so I don't want to touch them--so the macro should
start looking at column E in row 6 and continue until it hits a row
where column E is blank. *Thanks in advance.

For some reason that deleted ALL the rows including those with "ABC"
in column E. *(It didn't delete the header rows though, which is good.)- Hide quoted text -