Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert[_30_] Robert[_30_] is offline

Default Lookup variabel field in variabel sheet

Hello,

First I would like to wish you all the best for 2008!

I am struggling with the following: I have a worksheet with over 20
difference trial balances, to make life easier I am making a summary
sheet that shows me only the data I am looking for. As the position of
the individual trial balances and their format tends to change through
time I have to capture this in my formulas. Could someone advice which
formula to use for:

A B
1 HKVH DIVIDENDS RECEIVABLE --RESULT--

I am now using =INDIRECT(A1&"!J24") which works fine as long as the
value for 'DIVIDENDS RECEIVABLE' is always in J24.

Any suggestion is most appreciated.

Many thanks

Rgds,
Robert