Henry

GeEf,

Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share File applet.
You may see that user B is still logged into the program from an earlier
session.
It sometimes happens that a user isn't logged off (when they close the
program) over a network.
Log this "ghost" user off, close the file (no need to save if read only) and
reopen.
This should clear your problem.

Henry

"GeEf" wrote in message
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and
"B".
If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can
only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no
problem in open it as a read/write file.
It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating
this file regardless of how I logged in.

Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be
updated?
How can I correct it?

Rgds,
GeEf