GeEf

Default Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user

I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B".
If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can
only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no
problem in open it as a read/write file.
It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating
this file regardless of how I logged in.

Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated?
How can I correct it?

Rgds,
GeEf